Monday, August 23, 2010

Review: Shumann the Shoeman


Shumann the Shoeman was written by John and Stella Danalis, it was shortlisted by the childrens book council 2010.


'Shumann the Shoeman' captures the life of a prestigous shoeman in a large town, little does he know, a large shoe factory has recentley opened across the road from his modest shop. Shumann is stunned, all his buyers had been hood winked!!, he decides to move to a small forest area he makes many new friends but little does he know something terrible is about to happen to Shumann leaving many of his friends devestated.


I strongly believe Shumann the shoeman is a wonderful book for children who love unique and quirky books and dream of creating art. I would rate it 10/10 as it is a wonderful book, although if I were the author I would change the ending when Shumann dies as I believe many young children would become upset!. I believe children 8+ should read this book,

By Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment